July 10, 2009

An Icon, and My Personal Role Model


Hello lovelies,

I'm currently reading a book entitled "What would Audrey Do?" by Pamela Keogh. If you know me personally, you know that I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. And it's not a big secret why, almost everyone who has seen her act or just in a picutre has been enchated by her natural grace, charm, elegance, vulnerability, and style. She was a great hummanitarian in Hollywood long before it was chic to do so. She was simple, down-to-earth, and private: the epoch of femininity in my opinion.

She is also my personal role model. I think she was an explempary human being and others (including today's disaterous celebrities) could learn a lot from her.

I've been learning a lot from reading this book (although I'm not very far in) about how to conduct myself in all sorts of situations, and the most interesting part so far is how Audrey handled her romantic relationships.

I'm not going to spoil the book, but if you would like to learn more about Audrey and learn to be a little more like her, this is a great read.

I've already got some tricks up my sleeve, and am looking forward to putting some of my new "Audrey-isms" into practice.

P.S. I have the photo of Audrey above, in a beautiful silver frame about three and a half feet tall and I can't wait to put it up in my apartment someday. So fabulous!

Happy Friday!

-Kimya

No comments:

Post a Comment