June 10, 2009

What's in her bag?

So Zach has two weekly features and I have none (so unfair!) But I've been playing around with the idea of having a segment (with the occasional guest blogger) called "What's in the bag?" Because I firmly believe that what a woman has in her and of her numerous carrying cases (handbag, makeup bag, workout bag, etc) says so much about her personality and reveals a lot of insight. Women leave trails of themselves everywhere and show their personalities through every part of their lives. I think this is an interesting concept, to see how other women live and to draw inspiration from them. Let me know if you like it, or this idea is totally lame and self indulgent. That being said, I bring you....(drumroll) "What's in her bag?"

The Make-Up Case Edition:



Betseyville by Betsey Johnson Make-Up Case


1)Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow (Earth tones like these look great with my eye color and skin tone)
2)Sephora Rose Pink No. 2 Cream Blush (For that "in from the winter cold" look)
3)Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (Keeps foundation and eyeshadow on for the whole day! Amazing!)
4) Lush Ocean Salt facial scrub (all natural ingredients, hand made and smells delicious)
5)Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser (a skin essential)
6)Olay Complete All Day Moisturizing Lotion (has SPF 15 which protects delicate facial skin)
7)Sunsilk Heat Defense Creme (so important if you're addicted to your flat iron like I am)
8)Burt's Bees Sunscreen SPF 30 (light and totally chemical free)
9)Burt's Bees Aloe and Buttermilk Lotion (for those times where you missed a spot with the sunscreen)
10)Oops! Skipped 10! Moving on...
11)Neutrogena Night-Calming Make Up Remover (gets waterproof stuff out and smells like vanilla and lavender)
12)Philosophy Caramel Apple Lip Gloss (Tested and Boy-approved)
13)Victoria Secret Eye Pencil Sharpener (adjusting widths for different sized pencils)
14)Lush Lip Squeak Lip Balm (Again, Lush products are all-natural and all amazing!)
15)Neutrogena Oil Free Foundation (I swear by this stuff, not fakey-looking, but very smooth)
16)Estee Lauder Concealer (for those annoying spots that refuse to be hidden!)
17)Diorshow Blackout Mascara (you do not need any other makeup if you've got this on, hailed by beauty editors everywhere)
18)Clean and Clear Acne Spot Treatment (dab it on at night, then wake up with it gone in the morning!)
19)Sephora Black Liquid Eyeliner (easy to apply if you have shaky hands like me)
20)Dr. Brandt Pore Refiner (haven't used it yet...meh, free gift)
21)Sephora Professional Shadow Brush (who trust those shadow appliers that come with the sets? not me!)
22)Sephora Khol Expert Eyeliner in Brun Perfect (buy all of your eyeliners in khol, you won't be sorry!)

If you ladies have any questions about the products I use, or you want to give me some insider tips on products you are in love with for my to try just comment below. Next time you'll hear from me, I'll be in lovely San Diego!

-Kimya

No comments:

Post a Comment