May 15, 2009

My Bagel Tastes like Capitalism...Friday Recommendations

Hey all y'all avid readers. Check out what awesome things I am a reccomender of.


Local Bagel Stores
In the tri-state area, the chain bagel store is Manhattan Bagel, and it's bullshit and generic as hell. In the plaza across from this bullshit, a distance I used to ride my bike for, was Bagels And Lox. I have never eaten lox, nor do I know anyone who has, because none of my friends are 70 year old Jewish men, but the fact that they had lox in their title was super classic. Well, with the economy in the shitter, you know one of them was going to close, and it wasn't Manhattan Bagel. Seriously, support local bagel stores.


McSweeney's Internet Tendencies
McSweeney's is a website for smart people. If you want to be smart you go there, but don't check out the "McSweeney's Reccomends" section, because I totally didn't steal the idea of reccomending things from them.
www.mcsweeneys.net

Being hipster when you're NOT at Emerson
Because everyone does it while you're there, the trick is to do it now on summer vacation, true irony, true hipsterity. I just created a new word. And I'm so hipster it's old now.

Time Life Music Infomercials
THe other night I watched one when I couldn't sleep, the Music of Motown hosted by Billy Dee Williams. Also, I have a deep love for the 80s Ballads commercial that the guy from REO Speedwagon hosts.

Scraggly Facial Hair
Fuck shaving, it's summertiiiiiime.

THING THAT IS ON YOUTUBE THAT I LIKE OF THE WEEK
The Boy Judas finishes recording their third album today. As a fan and a friend, I must reccomend it before it comes out, then follow it up with an objective review when it comes out. From what I have heard, this is looking to be the best album yet.

First Album:


Old Clip of A song on the Second Album:


WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE NEW ALBUM:


No comments:

Post a Comment