May 10, 2009

Happy Mommy's Day



I went to bed last night really early. Like 7pm. And slightly tearful. Hearing Zach's voice on the phone just put me over the edge yesterday, and usually after a good cry-sesh I feel quite tired, so I went to bed and woke up just in time to catch the tail-end of SNL. Needless, to say I was feeling pretty down. But this morning I woke up to the birds chirping outside of my window and I sunk into bed to do the morning facebook check, and promptly got up to make myself a cheese omlette and listen to some soft music as I cooked.

This is an example of the polar opposite emotions of my life right now. I'm one big flip-flopper. I can't tell if I'm desolate or optimistic, because it changes sometimes within the hour. I think that this is only a product of suddenly being thrust into a new-old enviornment that is so radically different than Boston. I'm having a difficult time, but I'm pretty confident that it will even out as time goes on. Let the countdown to the return begin!

Also, on a very important side note, happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers of the world, especially mine, who is particularly wonderful despite her faults which seem little compared to her wonderfulness.

-Kimya

No comments:

Post a Comment