August 24, 2009

If I were a Pipette...

Hello!

We are all aware that fashion inspires music and vice-versa. I mean where would fall fashion '09 be without the miilitary inspired jackets worn by Coldplay (pretty much everywhere recently) and by Michael Jackson? And what subject do you think inspired Maddona's "Vogue?"

I don't need to go into too much detail of course, because the evidence is everywhere right under our noses!

When I get ready in the morning or to go out at night, I like to blast my music loud and see which song feels right at the moment and will eventually set the tone for outfit, hair and make-up.

I loved this band two years ago, but kind of forgot about then after they were strangely wiped off of my iPod.

So, right now, I'm definitely feeling The Pipettes. A rad girl group from England who sings 60's pop ditties with a very modern edge. Also, they dress in matching outfits a la Destiny's Child.
Here's my favorite song by them, and the outfit I would wear if I were channeling a Pipette.





The "Pomegranate Dress" from Modcloth



The "Boyfriend Blazer" from fredflare (which I am ordering ASAP!)



Polka Dot tights from Juicy Couture



"Phantom" Booties from Nine West (which I already own)

Happy fashionable Monday!

-Kimya

No comments:

Post a Comment