July 22, 2009

Designer Spotlight: Marchesa

Yesterday, as I was flipping through the new issue of InStlye (Katherine Heigel's on the cover) I saw something so beautiful that I literally gasped out loud when I saw it. Mind you, I was in public at the time, so making the gasping noise was a little embarassing, but I could not help it. I saw my dream dress. It was perfect. Enjoy...

Penelope Cruz wore it to Cannes this year, I'm not her biggest fan but Ku-Dos on making this lovely choice. The beadwork, the color, the rouching detail (which is as big now as the mermaid dress was at the Oscars)so, so perfect! My favorite detail is the low-slung sleeve. Very sexy but earthy, like a Grecian goddess vibe.

But Marchesa is usually perfection. The head designer Georgina Chapman is so beautiful and talented her self.

(Image from Harper's Bazaar)

Okay, if I lived in an imaginary universe in which top designers fought it out to design a dress tailor-made for me to walk the red carpet in at a fabulous, star-studded awards show, I would totally pick Marchesa. It's feminine in a fun and girly way, the colors are always so rich and the fabric choices are etheral and look very good on almost any type of figure.


J-Lo wearing Marchesa (with the designer Chapman herself) for last October/November issue of Vogue, I think.

So fun and girly. Love love love!

Happy (fashiony) hump day all!

-Kimya

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress as well!!! It reminds me of Meg from Hercules' dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh. Now that you mention it...that makes total sense! Good Call!

    -Kimya

    ReplyDelete