June 30, 2009

Disenchanted Disney Princesses

Now, I'm a little late on this bandwagon, because these photos were being blogged about like crazy two weeks ago, but I was on vacation so whatever.

Anyway, like most girls my age, when I was little the Disney princesses were my life. They were role models. Beautiful, headstrong young women who would make their lives oh-so-complicated by falling in love with charming men who posed complications (Prince Eric lived on land, John Smith was an evil white man, Aladdin was a street rat, etc.) for them. But they were so glamourous to me and my do they sing some catchy songs!

But Dina Goldstein, a photographer takes a different view of the princesses, and modeled them women in our society instead of the other way around. The result is shocking, funny, and really though provoking.

See if you can recognize all of the princesses in distress!








No comments:

Post a Comment