June 21, 2009

Chicks who Rock



Hello all,

Oh my gosh! I've felt like such the neglectful mother. I haven't blogged for, like, a week! Thank you to Zach for picking up the slack for me. In all honesty, I've been thinking about the blog a lot and have has all sorts of ideas swirling around in my head for upcoming posts, this one is inspired by the new issue of ELLE magazine, which is the annual music issue. This isse features A LOT of female artists that I think are fabulous and who inspire me with their music including Adele, Karen O, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift. This is a great improvement from the less than impressive June issue with Megan Fox on the cover...it was just kinda blah.

Anyway, as an ode to my favorite fashion magazine and their awesome July music issue I want to present some girls who I think rock, who are less established and kind of up and coming. (Also, how AMAZING is that Chanel guitar pictured above? Fabulous and totally rockin'. Lovesit.)

Florence + the Machine - Kiss with a Fist


Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked


Little Jackie - 28 Butts (Zach likes this one too)


And now for some vintage coolness....
The Shangri - La's - Leader of the Pack


Rock on Ladies!

-Kimya

No comments:

Post a Comment