September 8, 2009

Packing Up and Shipping Out


(one of my favorite prints, not sure who it is by, but if you know leave a comment and I will be sure to attribute it.)

Hello Dear Readers,

Being back home for summer so long has put me in a lull. I dreamed and talked about going back to Boston and college so many times, it became kind of a routine to keep myself occupied. But now that it is actually time to go back, I'm a little shocked at the suddenness of it all. My last weekend home was spent working, and now it is Tuesday and my suitcase is laying open, empty, on my bedroom floor.

As I put in my neatly folded clothes one by one, and check various items off of my to-do list, I have to take some time to recognize the things I am sad to leave behind.

-My mommy, who is always there to comfort me, but for a while I'll just have to settle for a phone call. (Can't forget Dad and Katrina too!)

-My bootcamps buddies, who are just strong, amazing and inspiring women who are supportive and super super fun! They made me glad to get up at 5:00am every morning to see their shining faces. Plus Veray is an amazing trainer and working out is a new (healthy) vice in my life, and I can't wait to fall into a pattern of exercise that I enjoy back at school

-The girls from work, who are really more like big sisters. They are just the sweetest and so so hilarious. I'm never in too bad of a mood at work. I'll probably never find a group of co-workers as loving and terrific as them!

-Lucy, my princess kitty cat, whose presence is sometimes the most comforting part of my day.

All in all, I'm ready to go, and I've been ready. So please excuse the lack of posts this week, for I will be remincising, packing and dreaming of the future.

Love,

Kimya

No comments:

Post a Comment